The goal of this Forensic Science True Crime Book Project is for students to read a True Crime book and then give a presentation about their case. A great way to increase literacy in your Forensic Science class!
- Two comprehensive 100 point rubrics: differentiated for faster vs slower readers
- Book Note Taking Guide: provides scaffolding for students who need help taking notes on their book
- Student handout to introduce the project
- List of True Crime books with authors
- Full teacher’s guide: start to finish tips for how to implement the assignment in class
- Student Survey: give to students after the project
My students love this project – even ones who do not typically enjoy reading can really get into their book when it is about a true crime!
The Teachers’ Guide suggests that students read for 15 minutes each day in class, and complete the project in one semester. Alternatively, students can read the book at home, or over a several week time period in class and at home.
Full Teacher’s Guide includes tips on what to do if students do not finish the book.
Take a look at the preview of the True Crime Book Project!
What some happy teachers are saying about this resource in our Teachers Pay Teachers store:
Wonderful project – very thorough 🙂 – Ms M. February 20, 2020
Awesome! – Cynthia B. March 23, 2022