A comprehensive unit to teach your students about Forensic Tire Impression Evidence. Perfect for distance learning, in class, or a hybrid situation.
Students work through interactive Google Slides that teach them
- The difference between Tire Track evidence and Tire Tread Patterns.
- How Tire Tread impressions are used as both class and individual evidence
- How Tire Tracks can be used to determine track width, wheelbase, and turning diameter of a car
- How all of these can be used as Forensic Evidence!
- What are skid marks?
- How are they useful for investigations
- How to measure skid marks
- Use a formula to calculate speed of a car
As they learn, the Google Slides ask them to
- Drag and drop objects
- Sort answer choices
- Label pictures
- Circle correct answers
- Fill in the blank
- Complete practice problems
Forensics Tire Impression BUNDLE includes:
- Two sets of Interactive Google Slides that teach students about Tire Impassion Evidence
- Two notes sheets for students to write down what they learn
- Two activities to practice new skills
- Google Form question sets for review
- Google form Assessment
- KEYS for everything!
- Teaching Guide
Resource includes options for print (in class) along with the digital option. Every part above is entirely NO PREP – and . Everything students (all instructions) are provided on the slides and activities.
NEWLY ADDED! Two hands on activities that bring tire tracks into the classroom! Students paint tracks with toy cars and use them to answer questions about wheelbase, track width, and turning diameter. Then head outside to match tread patterns to cars in the school parking lot! These activities require minimal prep, and include student instructions, examples, and a key.
Click HERE to see the full Pacing Guide and know how this resource fits into the whole Forensic Science Curriculum.
Here are what some happy teachers are saying about the Tire Impressions Unit Bundle for High School:
These resources are ready to use as is. They are well organized and the images are great. My students found these to be very engaging. – Samantha C. November 18, 2021
This was a great way to help students with tire evidence. It’s difficult to find tire treads, so this was a great way to get students a bit of a hands-on experience. – Allison I. April 18, 2021
Wonderful bundle. Saved me time, engaged my kids, and they learned so much! – Mrs Pea May 26, 2021