Awesome Punnett square review questions! Review Punnett Squares and Inheritance Patterns with 95 multiple choice questions on nine fully editable GoogleForms! 100% no prep! High quality questions on self-grading Google Forms can be used as an opener/bell ringer, for exit tickets, and homework. Also great for unit or end-of-year review.
Topics for each set of Punnett Square Review Questions:
- Beginners Skills: Vocabulary – 10 Questions that focus on Genetics vocabulary – heterozygous vs homozygous, genotype vs phenotype
- Punnett Squares Level 1 – 10 Questions. Includes instructional video clip about how to do a punnett square along with very simple questions to gauge understanding of punnett square basics.
- Punnett Squares Level 2 – 10 Questions. Students learn a bit about Pesticide Resistant Colorado Potato Beetles and solve simple punnett squares to predict the percent of offspring that will be resistant (homozygous recessive) to pesticides.
- SuperHero Punnett Squares – 10 Questions. Students predict offspring of well known superheroes assuming some of their abilities are recessive and some are dominant.
- Solving Genetic Mysteries: Test Crosses – 10 Questions. Students are walked step by step through test crosses to determine the genotypes of the parents based on the phenotypes of the offspring.
- Punnett Squares with Genetic Disorders – 10 Questions. Students predict the percent chance of a genetic diseases being passed to offspring: Huntingtons, Sickle Cell Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, and the sex-linked trait Hemophilia. Includes two Pedigree questions.
- Pedigree Practice – 15 Questions. Includes instructions and a diagram of how to read a pedigree to determine what trait is dominant vs recessive. Begins with very simple questions to check for understanding of basics, and moves on to deducing the genotype of individuals on a pedigree.
- Identify the Inheritance Pattern – 10 Questions. Students identify an inheritance pattern based on traits presented in parents and offspring. Include Mendelian Dominant, Co-Dominant, Incomplete Dominant, and Multiple Allele.
- Punnett Squares Level 3: Different Inheritance Patterns – Students must use evidence to determine the inheritance pattern and solve punnett squares to predict offspring.
Click here to preview the Punnett Square Review Questions.
Google Forms are Awesome!
These Google Forms are 100% EDITABLE! Change whatever you would like. Settings are 100% EDITABLE!
Google Forms allows you to get instant feedback from your students on what they know, and more importantly, what they don’t know. Save time, save paper – 100% digital. You can add these to your GoogleClassroom, post the link to your class website, or turn the share link into a and put the tinyurl link on the board for students to type in.
If you are not familiar with GoogleForms take a look at video to see all the amazing features it offers for your classroom.
GoogleForms can be accessed with any device that has an internet connection – including tablets, cell phones, and chromebooks.
The Review Google Forms are set up for students to get feedback on their score right away, but not be given the correct answer. (but you can change this to whatever settings you want!) In my classroom, I have students take these question sets two times. First to see what they already know, they look at what they got wrong, learn from their mistakes, ask questions, consult their notes. The second time they take it to apply what they re-learned and get a better score. The trick is that I only give them 10-15 minutes to do it!
After that amount of time, the teacher can lock the form so that no additional entries can be made. Then review with the class the questions that were most missed.
NOTE: The Punnett square Review Questions are part of the HUGE Biology Review Question Set bundle!
The Punnett Square Revew Question set resource has ten 5-star reviews on Teachers Pay Teachers.
What some happy teachers are saying about it:
I LOVEEEE this!! It was great for at-home learning days for the students to practice on their own. I appreciate that it was in google form format so I could QUICKLY assess where strengths and weaknesses were. – Kelsie J. – October 7, 2021
Good resource that is well put together. It gives a break from the “same ol’ same ol'”. Students were engaged and it is user friendly. – Theresa B. – March 29, 2021
My students used these as a review before our Genetics test. It was great for them to get instant feedback on their scores so that they could determine what areas they needed to focus on before the test. It would also work well as a quick formative assessment as you go along and give you a quick, pre-graded assessment to keep track of which students need more help. – Amanda K. – March 3, 2021
See our refund policy here.
More Genetics Resources:
- Genetics and Punnett Squares Review Distance Learning | DIGITAL Google Forms
- Fun Punnett Square Genetics Practice Review Dot Game! NO PREP! Print and Go!
- Punnett Square Speed Dating Activity: Cross your Birds!
- Digital Dragon Punnett Squares: Make a Baby Dragon
- Biology Heredity Writing Prompts Exit Tickets, Review- Distance Learning