This is the perfect introduction to your Trace Evidence Unit! Your students will learn about Trace Evidence and its value in Forensic Science. Then they explore the Locard Exchange Principle with a fun, simple activity.
- Google Slides to introduce the lesson and activity: 12 Google Slides
- Student Sheet: includes places for taking notes, instructions for the activity, activity responses and reflection questions
- Detailed teaching guide with tips and tricks for getting the most out of this lesson!
The activity is simple to set up and complete. Students get a very clear understanding of the Locard Exchange Principle. Through discussion questions, they are challenged to critique the principle and apply it to the practice of Forensic Science.
Materials needed for the Locard Exchange Activity:
- Clear tape
- Articles of clothing (I have students bring these from home)
More resources for the Trace Evidence Unit to come! It will include Hairs, Fibers, Paint, Soil, Glass and Powders.
Currently available in the Trace Evidence Unit:
- Introduction to Trace Evidence: Locard Exchange Activity
- Human Hair Evidence Notes + Review
- Human Hair Lab
- Animal Hair Evidence Notes + Lab + Review
- Fiber Evidence Notes + Review
- Fiber Evidence Case Study: Wayne Williams
- Fiber Evidence Lab: Four Analysis Tests!
- Hair and Fiber Evidence Test
Click HERE to see the full Pacing Guide and know how this resource fits into the whole Forensic Science Curriculum.
Click here to see a preview of the Intro to Trace Evidence + Locard Exchange Activity resource!
Here is what some happy teachers are saying about this resource in our Teachers Pay Teachers store!
Students loved the activity. I loved that it worked well with our curriculum. – Shiela M. Nov 30, 2022
My students loved to use this resources. Well prepared. Thanks to “Science of curiosity”. – Usha R. Oct 1, 2022
More BUDLES from Science of Curiosity! All Complete Forensic Science Units:
- Tire Impression Evidence Unit: BUNDLE | Distance Learning
- Forensic Science Basics Unit BUNDLE Distance Learning
- Blood Spatter and Blood Evidence Unit BUNDLE- Notes, Activities, Lab
- Forensic DNA Fingerprinting / DNA Evidence BUNDLE Notes, Activity, Project
- Death Investigation BUNDLE – Autopsy, Decay, Bugs and Bones!
- Forensic Fingerprint Evidence BUNDLE
- Ballistics Evidence Unit BUNDLE