High School Forensic Science Curriculum! Save on EVERY forensics product offered by Science of Curiosity. Sixty plus products. Includes thirteen forensic topics, six projects, review questions and assessments. Save $16.25 with this Bundle!
Click to see the detailed pacing guide that comes with this bundle. Teaching Forensic Science with this Bundle is STRESS FREE! Many of these resources are NO PREP and can be student independent. All assessments and review question sets are self grading on Google Forms. Detailed Teaching Guides and answer keys for everything!
full units: Include Google Slides, Guided Notes, Answer Keys, Activities, Review, Assessments and Detailed Teaching Guides.
This Forensics Curriculum is a GROWING bundle – purchase once now and every new Forensics resource/update made by Science of Curiosity will automatically be sent to you via email as soon as it is ready! No additional cost!
Forensics Basics Unit: Interactive Google Slides and Notes
- CSI skills
- Eyewitness evidence
- Processing the crime scene
- Sketching the crime scene notes and activity
- Evidence collection notes and activity
- Crime scene photography notes and activity
- Crime Scene Processing Project!
- Review and Unit Assessment!
- Blood typing teaching slides, notes and use the info to solve a murder!
- Notes for Blood Spatter
- Blood spatter analysis activity
- Blood spatter lab: used as the Unit Assessment
- Review included!
- Bertillon System activity and introduction to fingerprints
- Fingerprints teaching slides, notes, review and activity
- Fingerprint collection teaching slides, notes , review and activity
- Learn more about fingerprints: Answer interesting questions like can a criminal alter his prints? How long do they last after death? Plus a mini-research project.
- Unit Assessment
- Forensic DNA Evidence teaching slides and notes and review questions
- Make a digital DNA Fingerprint and solve a murder case!
- Innocence Project project! Student research and presentation
- Ballistics Evidences teaching slides, notes and review questions
- Ballistics digital activity – collect and analyze evidence to solve a shooting case!
- Case Study: The Shooting of Trayvon Martin
- Case Study: The Shooting of JFK
- Unit Assessment
- Learn about the different types of explosives and what CSI can learn from evidence left behind
- Research an explosive crime event and present your findings to the class
- Includes an Assessment
- Teaching slides, notes and review questions
- Tire Impression matching activity
- Skid mark teaching slides, notes and digital activity
- Unit Assessment
- Forensic Odontology and Bite Mark notes, review, video guide, and activity
- Footwear Impression teaching notes, review and multiple activities
- Tool Marks Evidence teaching notes, activities and review
- Unit Assessment
- Teaching slides, notes, activity and review
- Autopsy terms teaching slides, notes and play doh activity
- Autopsy Form activity
- Investigate and determine the time sense death activity
- Five stages of decay teaching slides and notes
- Secrets of the Body Farm video guide
- Forensic Entomology teaching slides, notes and activity
- Forensic Anthropology teaching slides, notes and activity
- Unit Assessment
Newest Unit: Trace Evidence
- Trace Evidence Introduction + Locard Exchange Activity! the first part of the upcoming Trace Evidence Unit!
- Human Hair Evidence – notes, slides, and review questions.
- Much more of this Unit to come, including animal hair, fibers, soil, paint, glass and powders. Buy the Bundle now and get everything that is to come at no additional charge!
- Human Hair Evidence Lab
- Animal Hair Evidence: Slides + Notes + Lab + Review
- Fiber Evidence Slides + Notes + Review
- Fiber Evidence Case Study: Wayne Williams
Six Projects: Full instructions and comprehensive Rubric included for each one!
- Forensic Careers Project – great intro to Forensic Science
- True Crime Book Project – read a true crime book, analyze it based on what is learned during the class, present your book and the evidence used in the case
- Explosives Project: (Part of Explosives Unit)
- Innocence Project (part of DNA Unit)
- Crime Scene Processing Project (part of Crime Scene Basics Unit)
- Create a Crime Scene Model! – great as a Final Project and assessment!
Additional Resources and Topics Included:
- Arson Investigation activity
- Forensic Files Organized List – find the perfect episode by topic!
- True Crime notes sheet – perfect for students to complete while watching a True Crime video
This is a Growing Bundle! Next to be made is the Trace Evidence Unit. It will include hair, fibers, glass, paint and powder evidence. When you purchase this bundle, any and all additions of the Forensics curriculum will be sent to you via email at no cost!
All products in the High School Forensic Science Curriculum include a FULL KEY and Teaching Guide!
What some happy teachers are saying about this resource in our Teachers Pay Teachers store:
I found that most students enjoy the mix of virtual and hands-on learning opportunities that this bundle provides! Each component is laid out clearly with specific teacher guides that help me plan my days. – Hannah G. December 3, 2022
This resource finally filled all the gaps I could not fill using textbook resources in my new Forensics elective science class. It has made preparing every lesson a dream and students are super engaged for each activity. – Denise E. March 9, 2022
This bundle is EVERYTHING you need! I am a secondary science teacher, I was assigned a new class this semester and simply didn’t have the time to create a curriculum from scratch. I purchased this hoping for the best…. and it has been SO much more than I even hoped for! The notes outlines for students make sense. The keys are helpful. The unit is organized and *ready to go*. There are interactive parts to every lesson. My students have LOVED everything that we have done so far. THANK YOU! I will be buying more from “Science of Curiosity”. – D.H. February 10, 2022
This resource is AWESOME. I have gotten a lot of return on investment. Other forensic units out there are way more expensive for something that won’t cooperate with Google Docs. – Mr. R. January 10, 2022
This is by far the best resource I have purchased from TpT . The lessons are complete and are very interactive. My students have enjoyed digging into the material through readings, videos, and interactive crime scenes. This has been a great addition to my Forensic Science Class! – Cathy E. January 4, 2022
The resources are thorough and well organized. I love that there are assessments that go with each of the bundles. I love that I have the option of doing all work digitally, virtually, or in person. I’ve used a lot the digital resources as make up assignments for students who are absent. Being able to have all of these resources really cuts down on my prep time. These resources are also more rigorous than many of the other resources I have looked at. – Samantha C. October 19, 2021
The effort and workmanship, with engaging videos and cases to solve, is amazing and such a help with my science classes. – Allison B. April 4, 2022