Teach your students the value of Forensic Footwear Impression Evidence! This resource is NO PREP. It can be completed by students independently, be teacher led, or a combination of both!
Interactive Google Slides keep students engaged by asking them to drag and drop objects, label images, watch short YouTube video clips, sort answers and type answers!
Footwear Impression Evidence Notes guide students to…
- Learn the importance of footwear evidence to an investigation
- Identify the class and individual evidence provided by footwear impressions
- Activity! Practice using footwear impression evidence to estimate their own height with their stride length and shoe length
- Identify accidental characteristics in a footwear impression
- Learn the three types of impressions (Latent, 2D and 3D)
- Learn how each type of impression is collected
- Activity! Find and take proper photographs of 2D and 3D footwear impressions
- Discuss the limitations of footwear evidence
The activities are designed to be done as partners (it is hard to measure your own height!) but they can be done individually.
This resource includes:
- Lean Forensic Footwear Impressions: 31 Interactive Google Slides
- KEY to Forensic Footwear Impressions slides
- Student Guided Notes
- Notes KEY
- Printable activity instructions sheet: walks students through the process of measuring their own stride length and foot print length, and how to calculate their height using those values.
- Google Form Review Questions: Fifteen multiple choice questions, self grading, editable!
Take a look at the preview of the Footwear Impressions Evidence Notes!
What some happy teachers are saying about this resource in our Teachers Pay Teachers store:
Works so well for student centered learning! Great for ELs! – Stefanie F. February 9, 2022
My students loved this resource as part of our Footwear Impression unit! – Jessie W. December 16, 2021
This was such a wonderful addition to my impressions unit. So engaging and thorough! – Mrs Pea May 26, 2021