Teach your students the basics of collecting fingerprints on different types of surfaces. Beyond the black fingerprint powder! Engage your students with this interactive Google Slide set and notes.
They will learn from these Fingerprint Collection Notes:
- What are fingerprints made of?
- Three types of fingerprints (latent, patent, and plastic)
- How to find and collect latent prints with black powder
- What surfaces to use black powder on
- When and how to use ninhydrin
- When and how to use amido black
- When and how to use super glue fuming to find latent prints
Eight Interactive Google Slides keep students interacting with content with…
- Drag and drop images
- Putting steps in order
- Watching short YouTube clips
- Answering embedded questions
- Labeling pictures
- My favorite – finding hidden (latent) fingerprints!
No direct teaching required, unless you want to! NO PREP! The Guided Notes give students a place to record what they are learning, and something to study!
Fingerprint Lift Card: give your students the hands on experience of lifting prints and collecting them on a Lift Card! The Teaching Guide includes tips and flexible ideas for how to do this activity in your classroom.
Find out what they have learned with the 10 question Google Form – self grading and fully editable!
Resource includes a comprehensive Teaching Guide and full answer key!
Click to see a preview of the Fingerprint Collection Notes.
Here are what some Happy Teachers have to say about this Fingerprint Collection Notes in our Teachers Pay Teachers store:
This was such a cool resource! The finding latent prints slide was so creative and students enjoyed it so much. Thanks! – Miss Koffee April 27, 2021
Excellent “ready-to-use” resources. I combined the Google Slide materials with notes Slides, by inserting questions into the slides. It helped students to work asynchronously. Thank you. – Daniel C. March 19, 2021
Used the notes to go along with what I was already teaching. Great resource. – Kenya M. April 11, 2022
More Forensic Fingerprint Resources:
- Experience how the Bertillon System works, and understand how it does not work! The perfect way to introduce Fingerprints
- : No prep – Fingerprint Learning Slides are student independent, perfect for both in class and distance learning.
- : Teach your students the basics of collecting fingerprints on different types of surfaces. Beyond the black fingerprint powder! Engage your students with this interactive Google Slide set and notes.
- : Learn more about Forensics Fingerprints! Students explore three interesting fingerprint topics, and then get to pick their own! The 22 Interactive Google Slides are NO PREP and student independent!
- Fingerprint Evidence Review Game! No Prep! A super fun whole-class review game that allows teams to compete against each other with some wacky twists and turns!
- 25 Question Google Form: Self Grading!
BUNDLE and Save! Get the whole Unit and save 20%