A fun student choice fingerprints extension activity. Students explore three interesting fingerprint topics, and then get to pick their own! The 22 Interactive Google Slides are NO PREP and student independent!
- Is fingerprint evidence reliable? Watch a video clip about a man almost sentenced to life on faulty fingerprint evidence. Great for class discussion!
- How (and why) do criminals alter their fingerprints. Does it work to fool police?
- How long do fingerprints last after death? Includes two true stories of individuals identified by their fingerprints days to months after death.
- Student choice! A t to dive deeper into fingerprint evidence. Teaching Guide includes several ways to complete and present to the class
Twenty two Interactive Google Slides keep students interacting with content by…
- Drag and drop images
- Be a Latent Print Examiner! Finding matching minutiae points
- Circle the right answer
- One short article to read
- Watching short YouTube clips
- Answering embedded questions
- Labeling pictures
The Guided Notes gives students a place to record what they are learning, and something to study!
Comprehensive Teaching Guide and full Answer Key included!
Click to see a preview of the Fingerprints Extension Activity.
Here are what some Happy Teachers have to say about this Fingerprints Extension Activity in our Teachers Pay Teachers store:
The students really loved the cases that were talked about throughout the ppt. – Jennifer R. December 11, 2022
Helpful supplemental resource to my fingerprint unit. – Ms Wiessert November 29, 2021
More Forensic Fingerprint Resources:
- Experience how the Bertillon System works, and understand how it does not work! The perfect way to introduce Fingerprints
- : No prep – Fingerprint Learning Slides are student independent, perfect for both in class and distance learning.
- : Teach your students the basics of collecting fingerprints on different types of surfaces. Beyond the black fingerprint powder! Engage your students with this interactive Google Slide set and notes.
- : Learn more about Forensics Fingerprints! Students explore three interesting fingerprint topics, and then get to pick their own! The 22 Interactive Google Slides are NO PREP and student independent!
- Fingerprint Evidence Review Game! No Prep! A super fun whole-class review game that allows teams to compete against each other with some wacky twists and turns!
- 25 Question Google Form: Self Grading!
BUNDLE and Save! Get the whole Unit and save 20%