Forensics Fiber Evidence Case Study: Wayne Williams on trial. This resource is a perfect complement to your Forensics Fiber Unit! No prep – great for a substitute.
Williams is associated with the murder of up to 30 people, all linked together with shared fiber evidence. Fibers found on the victims are tied to a handful of items in Williams’ home and car.
Students learn about the evidence as they watch the YouTube video . The video is 45 minutes long and is free on YouTube. This resource provides a four-page video guide, designed to help students focus on the most important aspects of the case.
In the middle of the video, just after the fiber evidence is presented, students will pause to answer six open-ended questions (plus one at the end!) which challenge their thinking about fiber evidence. This is a great time to allow students to share their ideas with a partner or the class!
More resources for the Trace Evidence Unit to come! It will include Hairs, Fibers, Paint, Soil, Glass and Powders.
Currently available in the Trace Evidence Unit:
- Introduction to Trace Evidence: Locard Exchange Activity
- Human Hair Evidence Notes + Review
- Human Hair Lab
- Animal Hair Evidence Notes + Lab + Review
- Fiber Evidence Notes + Review
- Fiber Evidence Case Study: Wayne Williams
- Fiber Evidence Lab: Four Analysis Tests!
- Hair and Fiber Evidence Test
Click HERE to see the full Pacing Guide and know how this resource fits into the whole Forensic Science Curriculum.
Click here to see a preview of the Fiber Evidence Case Study Video Guide!
Here is what some happy teachers are saying about this resource in our Teachers Pay Teachers store!
No reviews yet! This resource is brand new!
More BUDLES from Science of Curiosity! All Complete Forensic Science Units:
- Tire Impression Evidence Unit: BUNDLE | Distance Learning
- Forensic Science Basics Unit BUNDLE Distance Learning
- Blood Spatter and Blood Evidence Unit BUNDLE- Notes, Activities, Lab
- Forensic DNA Fingerprinting / DNA Evidence BUNDLE Notes, Activity, Project
- Death Investigation BUNDLE – Autopsy, Decay, Bugs and Bones!
- Forensic Fingerprint Evidence BUNDLE
- Ballistics Evidence Unit BUNDLE