Open ended Natural Selection and Evolution writing prompts – aligned to High School Biology curriculum. Eight Google Forms with robust questions to get students thinking and writing about Evolution. 100% digital – great for in class and distance learning!
Natural Selection and Evolution Writing Prompts: Real-life application questions
- Evidence for Evolution: Fossils, DNA, Homologous and Vestigial Structures
- Artificial Selection vs Natural Selection: compare and contrast
- Natural Selection and GMOs: What happens when GMO crops ‘escape’?
- Natural Selection of Innate Behaviors: How do they happen?
- Evolution and Disease: Why has evolution not eliminated genetic disease?
- What does it mean to be ‘Most Fit’?
- Adaptations: Common vs scientific meaning of ‘adapt’
- How Populations Evolve: Process of Natural Selection
Writing Prompt Questions with Google Forms
All writing prompts are open ended questions. You will see what your students know, and don’t know, about a topic. Get them thinking deeply, recalling learned information, and putting ideas together in their own words. All forms have a ten point rubric, with built in ‘feedback’ (answers). No Prep feedback that is fully editable!
Writing prompts are great for review to organize ideas – perfect for openers, exit tickets, and homework. These can also be used as essay questions for assessments.
Each Google Form topic is broken up into several sub-questions to help students think through their ideas, and not forget to answer part of the question! Sub-questions also make grading easier.
Teacher guide explains how to easily share the forms with your students, grade them, and send the graded forms back to them.
What some happy teachers are saying about the Natural Selection and Evolution Writing Prompts:
My students loved this resource. They were very engaged and it was very easy for them to use. The prep time was minimal for me and made planning my lesson so much easier. – April M. – October 21, 2021
This resource has really come in handy during this challenging time. The Google Forms can be edited and used for reviews and quizzes. They’ve been a great time-saver and a very effective tool. Thank you! – Jon B. – October 20, 2020
This is a great set of prompts to have our students continue to write while learning science! – Allison B. – September 30, 2020
We have a whole year’s worth of Google Form Open Ended Questions!
- : 6 Questions
- : 13 Questions
- : 9 Questions
- : 8 Questions
- : 10 Questions
- BUNDLE and save – get the entire year’s worth of question sets!
Full Set of Biology Google Form review questions: multiple choice!
- BUNDLE of digital multiple choice questions! Sets for Biomolecules, Enzymes, Genetics, Evolution, and Protein Synthesis! Three hundred twenty five multiple choice questions on 29 Google Forms.