DNA and Protein Synthesis Review Questions: DNA Structure, DNA Fingerprints, Replication and Transcription (Protein Synthesis) with 55 multiple choice questions on four fully editable GoogleForms. 100% no prep! High quality questions on self-grading Google Forms can be used as an opener/bell ringer, for exit tickets, and homework. Also great for unit or end-of-year review.
Topics for each DNA and Protein Synthesis Review Question Sets:
- DNA Structure and Replication Review – 10 Questions about the structure of DNA, base pairing rules, how when and where Replication happens
- DNA Fingerprinting Review – 10 Questions, steps of Fingerprinting process, tools involved, reading DNA Fingerprints
- Mutations Review – 10 Questions, addition, deletion and substitution mutations – identify and know the results of each type
- Types of Nucleic Acids Review – 10 Questions difference between DNA and RNA, three types of RNA, descriptions and diagrams
- Transcription, Translation and Replication Review – 15 Questions, differentiate between Transcription, Translation and Replication, descriptions and diagrams
- Plus 12 question survey of twelve Mendellian Dominant traits! Have your students take this survey and show them the results, focused on upturning the common misconception that dominant traits are stronger, or more common than recessive traits
These Google Forms are 100% EDITABLE! Change whatever you would like. Settings are 100% EDITABLE! If you are not familiar with GoogleForms take a look at video to see all the amazing features it offers for your classroom.
Google Forms are Excellent for Review
Google Forms allows you to get instant feedback from your students on what they know, and more importantly, what they don’t know. Save time, save paper – 100% digital. You can add these to your GoogleClassroom, post the link to your class website, or turn the share link into a and put the tinyurl link on the board for students to type in.
GoogleForms can be accessed with any device that has an internet connection – including tablets, cell phones, and chromebooks.
The Review Google Forms are set up for students to get feedback on their score right away, but not be given the correct answer. (but you can change this to whatever settings you want!) In my classroom, I have students take these question sets two times – first to see what they already know, they look at what they got wrong, learn from their mistakes, ask questions, consult their notes, and take it one more time to get a better score. The trick is that I only give them 10-15 minutes to do it!
After that amount of time, the teacher can lock the form so that no additional entries can be made, and then review with the class the questions that were most missed.
Click here to see a preview of the DNA & Protein Synthesis Review Questions:
What some happy teachers are saying about the DNA & Protein Synthesis Review Questions:
My students loved using this resource. It made it fun and easy to review the concept. – Jamie T. May 6, 2021
Great resource! I’ve spent so much time making forms this year. This was definitely helpful! – Natalie M. March 10, 2021
This was helpful for my students and engaging. – Sophia S. October 2, 2020