A super fun whole-class review game that allows teams to compete against each other with some wacky twists and turns! A perfect way to review for the DNA Evidence Test!
The game covers these topics:
- The Value of DNA Evidence
- How to collect and store DNA Evidence
- The steps to create a DNA Fingerprint
- How to read a DNA Fingerprint
- How to establish paternity/maternity with a DNA Fingerprint
- The work of the Innocence Project and post conviction DNA testing
- Student Answer Sheet: students will write down the answers to the review questions as the game goes along. This will keep them engaged, reinforce the reviewed material, hold them accountable, and leave them with the perfect study guide for the test!
- Full answer key!
- Detailed Teaching Guide with tips and tricks to get the most out of this review game
How to Play the DNA Evidence Review Game:
- Students are put into groups. Groups take turns choosing questions that can be worth 5, 10 or 15 points.
- If the group gets the question correct, they then choose a Mystery Card! This card may ask students to swap groups, or give up points to another group, or offer the chance for more points if the team does something fun (like sing Row Row Row Your Boat!)
- The game continues until all questions have been answered. The group with the highest score wins!
The entire review game is digital, contained inside one Google Slide set with 74 Google Slides! Click question numbers to be brought to that question, then again to see the answer. Choose ‘Home’ to go back to the first slide. Click the smiley face to go to the Mystery Cards!
This review game was made for Science of Curiosity’s t, but can be used and adapted to any DNA Evidence Unit. The slides are fully editable!
Click HERE to see the full Pacing Guide and know how this resource fits into the whole Forensic Science Curriculum.
Click here to see a preview of the DNA Evidence Review Game!
Here is what some happy teachers are saying about this resource in our Teachers Pay Teachers store!
No reviews yet! This resource is brand new!
This resource is part of the DNA Unit Bundle! BUNDLE and Save! Get the whole Unit and save 20%