DNA Evidence Notes with Teaching Slides and a Google Form review. Teach your students how CSI use DNA Evidence in Forensic Investigations! How are DNA Fingerprints used to solve crime? NO PREP – flexible for digital and in-class use.
Forty one Google Slides!
- What is DNA?
- Where can DNA be found at a crime scene?
- How is DNA Evidence collected and stored?
- History of DNA Evidence
- What is the value of DNA as evidence?
- Limitations of DNA evidence
- Steps for making a DNA Fingerprint
- Using DNA when there is no body
- Post Conviction DNA Testing – mention of the Innocence Project
Includes ethical questions, great for class discussion or written response:
- Whose DNA should be stored in CODIS?
- Should police need a warrant to collect DNA of a suspect from trash without their consent?
- Should investigators be able to use private company databases like 23andMe to find DNA of suspects and relatives?
Four page notes sheet gives your students a chance to write down what they learn. Same notes sheets are also provided in a Google Slide set for students to compete digitally!
Includes DNA Evidence Notes sheet KEY
Google Form: 10 multiple choice questions on self-grading Google Form! Use as an assessment, review, Check In or Exit Ticket!
All 100% Editable!
Take a look at the preview of the DNA Evidence Notes!
What some happy teachers are saying about this resource in our Teachers Pay Teachers store:
My kids are VERY interested in forensic science, this was the perfect addition to our coverage of some aspect of biotechnology. – Aprille M. December 10, 2021
My students really enjoyed this and it was easy to use. – Sophia S. September 24, 2021
Great learning resource – students were engaged and had fun learning. – John R. June 22, 2021