Teach your students the Forensic Science of Death Investigation! This comprehensive bundle includes Interactive Google Slides, Guided Notes, Activities, Review and Assessment.
Included in this resource:
- Forensics Death Investigation: Notes, Activity and Review – Interactive Google Slides teaches your students about Time Since Death, Manner and Cause of Death, and the job of the Medical Examiner. Includes an activity and Google Form review questions.
- Forensic Autopsy Medical Examiner Terms: Notes + Activity: Teach the terms used by Forensic Pathologists / Medical Examiners when they perform an Autopsy! Interactive Google Slides, Printable Notes and Hands on Activity!
- Estimate Time Since Death – NO PREP! Everything your students need to learn what happens to a body after death, and then use those skills to estimate when Zelda died. Was it accidental death, or murder??
- Autopsy Report Activity! There are many ways to use this resource in your class to reinforce learning about autopsies, entomology, cause of death, and time since death.
- Secrets of the Body Farm Video Guide – a fun documentary that students always enjoy! The Body Farm, located in TN, is home to a few dozen donated bodies, where Forensic Scientists go to learn about human decomposition.
- Forensics Stages of Decay: Learn the five stages of decomposition to determine the time since death (post mortem interval). A great addition to your Forensics Death Investigation unit! This is designed to be a student independent activity, no direct instruction is needed!
- BUGS! Forensic Entomology Notes + Activity: Students learn how to measure maggots to determine the time since death! Digital activity – no prep!
- BONES! Forensic Anthropology Death Investigation: Notes + Activity: Teach your students how to be Forensic Anthropologists! Learn to read bones and determine gender, height and age. Then solve a Missing Person Case!
Each resource includes KEYs for all activities, and a Teaching Guide with details and tips. Bonus file shows what order resources may best be taught in.
Everything is editable!
Click HERE to see the full Pacing Guide and know how this resource fits into the whole Forensic Science Curriculum.
Here is what some happy teachers are saying about the Death Investigation Bundle:
I am a deputy medical examiner (part-time) who teaches Freshmen Biology. I used several of these resources towards the end of the year when I was trying to fill in learning gaps during finals week. My students absolutely loved the activities- especially the anthropology activities. This is very well put together and has so much beneficial information. Incredible! – Mrs Meissner June 15, 2023
My students loved these resources! We had so much fun doing forensics in Criminology! Would recommend to anyone teaching Crim 🙂 – Caitlin B. February 8, 2023
This resource was the perfect way to introduce Death Investigation and Forensic Autopsies. The content was easy to present/distribute to my students, but challenging enough that they stayed engaged throughout each lesson. Each Google Slides Presentation was beautifully designed with eye catching images and information. Thanks for creating an easy to use resource that kept my in-person and virtual students engaged! – Ms Conyers November 2, 2021
This resource was AMAZING and was just what I needed for my Zooming/in-person mixed class. The activities were fun and my students thoroughly enjoyed working through them. The information was beautifully presented and laid out and covered all the salient points. It was just what I was looking for! – Ms Hamilton September 30, 2021
Excellent resource for a high school Forensic Science class. This seller consistently produces products that work well and that students enjoy. – Suzanne J. April 12, 2021