Everything you need to teach your Forensic Science students the difference between Class vs Individual Evidence. Students learn how to identify each type of evidence, and then practice their skills on fifteen different examples!
The resource was purposefully designed to be flexible, teacher led, student led, or a mix of both!
This resource contains:
Interactive Google Slides: Four slides with the definition of each type of evidence and examples. This can be used in two ways:
- For direct instruction in class
- Given to the students to use on their own (just provide them a ‘view only’ link to the Google Slide)
Three opinions available for Student work!
- Student Google Slides: Sixteen Slides Students actually get to see photographs of evidence and determine if they are examples of Class or Individual! The slides also ask students to explain their reasoning. This is my student’s favorite way to complete the assignment because it is more visual, but the other two ways have their pros too!
- Class vs Individual Evidence Google Form: This Google Form asks the same questions as the Google Slides. Evidence is described, rather than shown in photographs. This method makes grading so much easier! The simple multiple choice (Class or Individual?) is self-grading, and the “tell me why” short answer can be graded quickly within the Google Form.
- BONUS! The Form includes feedback that gives students the correct answer and an explanation of why it is correct when they access their graded work – no typing or writing for you to do!
- Class vs Individual Evidence Google Doc: Print this as a paper version of the assignment, or share with students to complete digitally. Questions are the same as those in the Google Form. This option may work best for students who are doing distance learning but do not have strong internet access and would have trouble with the larger Google Slides or Google Form data files.
Resource also includes:
Detailed KEY with explanations: Make this KEY available to give students quick feedback on their work.
Teaching Guide: Includes tips on how to assign, grade, and collect student work!
Click here to see a preview of the Class vs Individual Evidence notes.
Here are what some happy teachers are saying about the Class vs Individual Evidence notes:
This can be a confusing subject and my students were able to really understand it! – Carisssa D. April 3, 2023
Class and individual characteristics is something my students always struggle with. This was a great practice for them and they had a much better understanding after this activity! Thank you! – Michele R. November 21, 2021
This resource was amazing and absolutely ready to use. We’ve been digital for a few months and it is getting exhausting recreating my material to make it more interactive. I am so thankful having found this! – Molly M. October 21, 2020
Great resource! Easy for my students to follow and I loved the multiple formats to choose from! – Jayme B. October 2, 2020
This resource is part of the Forensics Basics Unit Bundle!