Cells writing prompts – aligned to High School Biology curriculum. Nine Google Forms with robust questions to get students thinking and writing about cells’ form and functions. 100% digital, no prep – great for in class and distance learning!
Cells Writing Prompts: Real-life applications
- Osmosis: Impact of fertilizer on worms
- Osmosis: Using salt to preserve food
- Chloroplast: Form and function
- Mitochondria: Form and function
- Adaptations of Amoeba: contractile vacuole, pseudopods, food vacuole
- Adaptations of Paramecium: cilia, oral grove, contractile vacuole
- Adaptations of Euglena: flagella, eye spot, contractile vacuole
- Specialized Cells: red blood cell, nerve cell, gene expression
- Stem Cells: compare to specialized cells, compare three types of stem cells
Writing Prompt Questions with Google Forms
All writing prompts are open ended questions. You will see what your students know, and don’t know, about a topic. Get them thinking deeply, recalling learned information, and putting ideas together in their own words. All forms have a ten point rubric, with built in ‘feedback’ (answers). No Prep feedback that is fully editable!
Writing prompts are great for review to organize ideas – perfect for openers, exit tickets, and homework. These can also be used as essay questions for assessments.
Each Google Form topic is broken up into several sub-questions to help students think through their ideas, and not forget to answer part of the question! Sub-questions also make grading easier.
Teacher guide explains how to easily share the forms with your students, grade them, and send the graded forms back to them.
Click to see a preview of the Cells Writing Prompts!
The Cells Writing Prompts question set has four 5-star reviews on Teachers Pay Teachers.
What some happy teachers are saying about it:
Thank you so much for compiling such a great resource! My students find Google Forms to be very user friendly, and love the immediate feedback! Thanks so much! – Mary B – August 11, 2020
This was a great addition to my classroom! – Samantha L. – January 27, 2021
I used this resource as a writing assessment. I will use it again. Great product. – Rebecca K. – December 28, 2020
We have a whole year’s worth of Google Form Open Ended Questions!
- : 6 Questions
- : 13 Questions
- : 9 Questions
- : 8 Questions
- : 10 Questions
- BUNDLE and save – get the entire year’s worth of question sets!
Full Set of Biology Google Form review questions: multiple choice!
- BUNDLE of digital multiple choice questions! Sets for Biomolecules, Enzymes, Genetics, Evolution, and Protein Synthesis! Three hundred twenty five multiple choice questions on 29 Google Forms.