This set of Forensic Ballistics Evidence Notes are NO PREP. Interactive Google Slides teach students everything they need to know to complete the provided guided notes. Students can complete their ballistics notes independently, or through class lecture – or both!
Ballistics Evidence Notes teach students…
- The basic characteristics, similarities and differences between handguns, rifles and shotguns.
- How a weapon fires
- Basic evidence collection techniques for firearms, ammunition, and clothing containing Gunshot Residue
- Class characteristics of bullets and casings
- Individual Characteristics of bullets and casings
- Firing pin marks
- Breech face marks
- Extractor marks
- Ejector marks
- Bullet striations
- Gunshot Residue Testing
- Using Gunshot Residue for muzzle distance determination
What is included:
- Learn Forensic Ballistics Evidence Google Slides: 28 slides with interactive elements that lead students through their learning. Everything they need is on the slides!
- Student Guided Notes: 5 packed pages of guided notes to focus students on what they need to know. Print for your students or allow them to complete them digitally!
- Multiple Choice Review Question Set: 10 questions on a Google Form, provides instant feedback to you and your students. Fully editable!
- Student Notes KEY: comprehensive answers for all five pages
- Learn Slides KEY: answers to all of the interactive parts of the Google Slides
- Comprehensive Teaching Guide
Click to see a preview of the Ballistics Evidence Notes.
Here are what some Happy Teachers have to say about this Ballistics Evidence Notes in our Teachers Pay Teachers store:
I love the many sources of information in these guided notes! video, visual, drawing, reading, listening, its all great! – Katelyn W. January 29, 2023
This made teaching this topic way easier this year, thank you! – Sarah T. January 27, 2022
Great Resource! – Ms Sirois December 20, 2021
More Ballistics Resources:
- Teach your students with this NO PREP resource. Students can complete their ballistics notes independently, or through class lecture – or both! 28 Slides, 5 pages of notes, and 10 question review.
- A fun Ballistics Evidence Activity for your students! Can they use their skills to solve the murder of Dillian Dollar? Focuses on bullet striations evidence!
- The walks students through the gunshot residue evidence presented by the forensic firearm expert and the pathologist at the Zimmerman trial.
- Students learn how to analyze and measure bullet holes to determine the angle of trajectory. Resource includes Google Slides, guided notes, a digital activity and a hands on activity!
- The is no-prep, print and go! Perfect for a substitute. The video is an hour long and covers information about the gun, ammunition, trajectory, and autopsy evidence from the Kennedy assisination. Is the JFK assisination the work of a conspiracy? Ballistics experts test fire the gun to find out!
- Ballistics Review game! No prep, fun and quirky game that doubles as a study guide!
BUNDLE and Save! Get the whole Unit and save 20%